From:
Sandra Lutz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Apr 2000 11:19:33 -0700

Thanks to all.

La Choy Soy Sauce, San-J Tamari Soy Sauce  1-800-446-5500, Herb-Ox bouillon
(found at Safeway stores ) 1-800-523-4635 , Chun King Soy Sauce,  Westbrae
Tamari Soy Sauce, Bragg's Liquid Amino Acids. Maggies bullion is gf. Wylers
bullion (not the fast dissolving one) is GF.

Herbox bullion (also not the fast dissolving one) is GF.

Penzey's spices (www.penzeys.com) for the bouillon or chicken soup base.

http://www.glutenfreegrocery.com/

In Canada, McCormick's says all their products (including spices) are GF. I
have used their lowfat boullion cubes without reaction, but then I think I
am one of those people that has "hidden" symptoms at times.

In Canada, also, a company called "El Peto" makes baking/cooking
ingredients especially for celiacs. Their soup mixtures come in a white
plastic jar - a little expensive, but they last and last much longer than
the cash equivalency of other's cubes.

Tones Chicken Soup Base which is a paste like substance.  I get it at Sams
Club and it comes in a plastic jar that you refrigerate after opening.

Trader Joe's canned broths are delicious and, according to their lists,
were gf last I checked.

Swanson's chicken broth, it is the only one that is gluten free

I buy my gluten free powdered chicken (and beef) broth seasoning at our
local health food store.  The brand name is McKay's and comes in 6 oz.
jars.  You use 1 tsp. per cup of water.  There are other brands that can
be purchased via mail order, like from Ener-g Foods, etc.

Kroger Brand Soy Sauce is Gluten free.  We just called them 2 weeks ago.
You can call them at 1-800-632-6900.

For chicken bouillon I use El Peto chicken broth concentrate.  It is
really delicious (my daughter likes it just as broth, it's that good)
and works very well in recipes calling for bouillon.  El Peto is a
Canadian company.  The address is:  41 Shoemaker St., Kitchener, ON  N2E
3G9  Canada.  You can call them at 1-800-387-4064.  I think it cost
under $4.00, and the 300-gram container lasts a long time.

V-H Soy Sauce is Gluten Free in Canada.

The Vegetarian Chicken granules, same manufacturer Nutrimax,
same source "Miss Roben's."

For bouillon I use the Telma cubes purchased in the Kosher section of the
market.

I have found San-J Organic Whole Soybean Tamari Wheat Free Soy Sauce.
The ingredients are water, whole soybeans, salt, alcohol. Then there's a
note saying the alcohol is fermented from corn. I found this in the natural
foods section of my grocery store (Fred Meyer).

It's made by San-J International Inc; 2880 Sprouse Dr, Richmond, VA 23231.
Phone:800-446-5500

Sandy
Pendleton, Oregon