From:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Janice Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 31 Aug 2007 12:59:51 -0600

I'm wondering if anyone can help.....

My 19-year-old son who has been successfully GF / CF for the last three
years, has recently been
"experimenting" with gluten and milk. He found he could consume both wheat
and milk with no outward symptoms and
has, for the last month, been "overloading on gluten".

Earlier this week, he came down with a fever, swollen lymph glands in his
neck, sore throat and canker sores.

His mouth was very sore, so two days ago he went to see a doctor who gave
him a PX for penicillin and told him he had over 50 sores in his mouth. The
sores have now progressed to the point where he is in a lot of pain and
cannot eat. His lips, gums and roof of his mouth are covered in wet yellow
sores and some are bleeding, his gums are also swollen and bleeding.

I am going to take him back to the same doctor later today.

Now, this could be a really bad case of  "canker sores".

He is also getting his wisdom teeth - maybe he has an infected tooth?

But I am also wondering if it could be an autoimmune system reaction,
related to his recent gluten ingestion. e.g. crohn's disease and if so,
what tests should I request he have a PX for steroids, e.g. prednisone.

Any suggestions or advice are welcome.

Janice.