From:
Scott Awerkamp <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Dec 1995 22:08:24 -0500

Four members of my family had recent anti-gliadon antibody tests (IgA and
IgG).  No endomysial test was done. The lab bill came back at $155 for
each test while the insurance company has claimed the standard cost for
this is $20 or less. So they will only pay up to $20. I have checked the
billing codes sent to the insurance company and they appear to be right. I
will send the insurance company a letter, but wanted to include facts
relating to the costs of the anti-gliadon test. As you can tell, I'd like
the insurance company to pick up as much of the $620 lab bill as possible.
Any ideas?  I've already called 2 labs. Both charge close to $100.

Thanks. Scott Awerkamp <[log in to unmask]>