From:
Janet Kratochvil <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 19:22:22 -0500

I have been diagnosed with Celiac's since October.  Before that I was
thought to have Bacterial Overgrowth.  I would have problems on and off, and
be treated with antibiotics and then be fine.  Over the past three years
this has not worked for me.  My diarrhea seemed to slow down with the meds,
but not stop.  Sixteen years ago I had a biopsy done on my small intestine
and there was not any damage.  When I had one done in October, the damage
was very sever.  I went on the diet and did not feel better.  I doubted that
it was Celiac's.  Then I started reading more into this diet and found all
the things I had been doing wrong ( not knowingly).  In January, I had
another biopsy done, and the doctor said it looked like my intestine was
starting to heal.  About a month ago, I was tapered down on the antibiotic
and took myself off the anti-diarhea meds.  I was doing so good, that I
decided who needs meds.  That was two days ago, now I am sick.  The
antibiotics were not working alone, but in combination with the diet I felt
good.  I have been sticking to this diet faithfully.  I did consume a lot of
tomatoes yesterday.  Has anyone ever heard of this?  Does anyone know how
long the villi takes to heal?  Can you still have problems it the villi is
not haealed, but are sticking to the diet.  Thank you for any help.  Janet K