From:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
ryan blokzyl <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 15 Apr 2011 15:35:07 -0400

Hello all,

I need to do some research on this topic and start checking labels but
wanted some help,   My son just took a breath test and it was determined he
is lactose intolerant.   He was diagnosed with Celiac 5 years ago,  He has
had occasional tummy aches and bloating is hard to say... he does not have
diarrhea or anything.  He is on a gluten free diet and   his celiac
bloodwork tested fine this past month.

My question is does nayone knowwhat cheeses are low in lactose?  Will it say
lactose on the label?   Does all cheese have lactose?

My son has been drinking lactaid milk at home for the last 5 years.    I
will continue with the lactaid and will buy lactose free ice cream.  But
wasn't sure what to do about the cheese he LOVES or gogurt, yogurts or milk
in other products or bake goods.  He loves kraft cheese slices and  many
cheese sticks.  Just wondering what cheeses I shoudl stick with or other
advice you have for me.

I know everyone is different and can tolerate different amounts of lactose.

Thanks,
Suzanne