From:
richabec <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 17:35:54 -0500

Thank you to all who responded to my request for  gf friendly restaurants in
Lubbock.  I received several notes about gf dining in general and two from
people who are residents of the area.  There is an active support group with
information about several restaurants on line.  I am looking forward to
trying these out. I have pasted the responses below for others who may need
this information.   Thanks again for answering my cry for help!

Becky

there is an outback steakhouse.  we did not have any trouble eating there
and they were friendly, though not very knowledgeable.

___
The referenced web page is http://www.lubbockceliacgroup.com/ .
United Market Street is a local grocery store that has a good selection of
prepared food (in my opinion).  There are a few restaurants listed also.
Hope this helps!

________________________
Hi:  Go to www.outback.com , www.carrabbas.com , www.bonefishgrill.com .
They are all owned by Outback Steakhouse and have gluten free menus and
location maps on their web sites.  Print a copy of the menu, take it with
you, and ------ASK FOR THE MANAGER-----.  Perhaps there will be one near
where you will be.

Try going to www.goodhealthpublishing.com for a list of 70+
national/regional restaurants and their lists of gluten/wheat free items.
There's also a gluten free dining card that can be presented to restaurant
personnel to ease the ordering process.

If you're having trouble finding a gluten free restaurant, check out
www.triumphdining.com for some excellent dining cards. I'm not usually a
dining card fan, but these really go above and beyond to clearly explain the
important points and nuances of our diet.

The cards are available covering six global cuisines, and are customized to
cover the unique pitfalls of each cuisine. You should be able to use them to
eat almost anywhere you want, whether the restaurant is already familiar
with the gluten free diet or not.