From:
Karen and Carl Carter-Schwendler <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Aug 1997 07:21:55 -0700

Thanks to the 14 people who responded (and so quickly!) to my question
about the antibiotic Augmentin earlier this week. Several people
confirmed that it is in fact GF, the suspicious starch being either corn
or potato. As for my question about how to find this sort of info. out,
I was told that the number for SmithKline Beecham is: 1 800-366-8900.
Also, a few people recommended the PDR, one mentioned a "call a
pharmacist" service (I had tried "call a nurse" to no avail), another
said she got a GF list from her pharmacist, and an Australian reader
mentioned that they have something called the MIMS book that can be
helpful (like the PDR I assume). Someone also suggested that it's a good
idea to stick with major drug companies, as the ingredients are not
altered as much as generics can be.=20

Thanks again. My elbow is looking better already.

Karen