Date:
Sat, 16 Sep 2006 11:37:03 -0400

Thanks to all who responded to my plea. Here's what I learned from you:

In Stratford, Ontario:

    Bella Della restaurant bakes and serves gluten-free gourmet bread and will
make gluten-free meals
(www.belladella.ca). Not expensive.
    The Church restaurant is high-end, but they make food from scratch and
understand how to adapt dishes to be gluten free (www.churchrestaurant.com)
    Swiss Chalet, a chain, offers gluten-free chicken. A nutrition guide
available in their restaurants identifies allergens in their food including
wheat and gluten. Beware: the fries are not safe. Chicken and dipping sauces
are.
    Demetre's Restaurant, across from the Mall/ Canadian Tire is chef-owned, a
great place to eat: 519-272-0755. They know all of the ingredients in their
food and make most things fresh. They will make anything to order if they know
what is safe for you. Fries are not safe.
    Kelsey's road house style restaurant: by the Mall. They will carefully check
menu items for you and are aware of what is in all of the marinades, etc. They
use a separate part of the grill for special orders.
    McDonald's: across from the Mall. Fries are still safe at McDonald's in
Canada.
    Sunroom,  http://www.sunroomstratford.com/index.php, great food. Canada in
general is very food sensitivity-aware, so you should be okay with any place
which makes its food from scratch.
    For information about Stratford, contact the Kitchener/Waterloo Chapter of
the Canadian Celiac Association.

In London, Ontario:

    Jubilee Kafe, http://www.jubileekafe.com is a dedicated gluten-free bakery
and prepared food store. Check out their online menu - sounds amazing!!
    A great place for fries is called NewYork Fries and they are in most malls.
Really good fresh cut fries. Oil is uncontaminated.
    In White Oaks Mall www.whiteoaksmall.ca, there's NY Fries, Bulk Barn (candy
with ingredients listed), McD's, and Dairy Queen.
    Swiss Chalet www.swisschalet.ca, 1067 Wellington Rd S.(fries aren't GF)
    Kelsey's www.kelseys.ca, 841 Wellington Rd S.
    Montana's www.montanas.ca, 489 Wellington Rd S
    Grocery Store: Loblaws (near the mall), outhdale and Wellington. A specialty
food section, great fruit and
veggies. www.loblaws.ca
    For information about London, contact the London Chapter of the Celiac Assn.
Go to www.celiac.ca and click on chapters, then Ontario. The contact for the
chapter is [log in to unmask]

My daughter comes home this weekend. If she has anything to add, I'll post
again. Many thanks!

Amy