Date:
Fri, 24 Mar 1995 00:05:13 -0500

Re:
>Greg Boyd
>According to a handout from our pediatric GI (a copy from the Journal of
>Pediatric Gastroenterology and Neurology, 19:27-33,94), DairyEase, in both
>tablets and drops, contains gluten.

>By the way, that article has a list of gluten containing drugs, including
>Advil tablets, Naprosyn, Pepcid, Prednizone, Seldane, Tagamet, Tylenol
>(tablets and gelcaps) and many others.  You might want to check it out.

I hope this article is wrong.  I have been taking Advil since GIG
published a letter from the manufacturer (GIG Newsletter - Volume 15,
Number 2, 1990) stating that Advil tablets and caplets are gluten-free.

Has the formula been changed?

The letter is from Joel Hertz, Ph.D., Director, Technical Services,
Whitehall Laboratories, Division of American Home Products Corp., 685
Third Avenue, New York, NY 10017-4076.  It specifies that "starch" must
be corn starch.

If the article from the journal isn't too long, perhaps someone could
post it.  But if it is just a listing of drugs without reasons for
inclusion, it may not enlighten us any further.

Charlie Cotter
Richmond, CA