From:
"14-Cohen,Morgan" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
14-Cohen,Morgan
Date:
Thu, 26 Sep 2013 03:54:29 +0000

Hi Everyone,

I had posted in the List-Serve in July about the study I am conducting through my Science Research Project at my school. While I am very pleased with the results I have already recieved (Thank you to all who have participated already) I am still looking for more participants.

**IF YOU HAVE PARTICIPATED IN MY STUDY ALREADY YOU CAN DISREGARD THIS POST**

My name is Morgan Cohen and this year I am a Senior at John Jay High School in Cross River, New York. This will be my third year enrolled in a class known as Science Research. It is a three year commitment in which one chooses a topic related to science and performs a study. For my project I am researching Celiac Disease. Being that I have Celiac myself, I thought it would be a very interesting topic to pursue. I have been studying Celiac for the past two years and have been consulting with Ms. Michele Pallai, a Genetic Counselor formerly at The Celiac Disease Center at Columbia University, to come up with a study.

I have been conducting a survey in which I ask individuals with celiac disease who had received a small intestinal biopsy what conditions and symptoms they experience, if any.  For those who had participated in genetic studies, I would also be interested in knowing what the individual's genetic make-up is for the genes that are associated with the development of celiac in an individual, more specifically the HLA-DQ heterodimers.

While I have already recieved a substantial amount of data, I am looking specifically for participants who have had genetic testing for celiac disease and have access to their specific results. Only about one-third of the people who responded to my post have had genetic testing, and I wish to obtain more data.

This survey is going to be pretty quick and easy to get through and it will really help me with my study. The survey is being created using the website www.surveymonkey.com<http://www.surveymonkey.com/> and will take about 10-15 minutes to complete. If you wish to participate, please email me at [log in to unmask]<mailto:[log in to unmask]>. I will then send you an informed consent sheet in which you can sign and send back to me so that you can participate in the study. After I receive this form back I will be email a link of the survey to all of the respondents so they will be able to take it and I can get further results. Once I receive all of the results I will analyze them and if you desire I can send you a report. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. Thank you for considering participating in my study.

*******
*******