From:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Bourgrif <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 15 Jun 2010 13:35:08 -0400

Thanks to all for the supportive messages. I’m happy to report that there’s good news for those of us who need to be gluten-, dairy-, and soy -free and who crave chocolate chip cookies.

 Kim of 1-2-3 Gluten Free wrote: “1-2-3 Gluten Free has a Chewy Chipless Scrumdelicious Cookie Mix which is exactly what you are looking for. It is for Chocolate Chip Cookies RECIPE ON THE BACK (emphasis added by me) but you add your own chips specifically so you can add soy-free chips. The mix is produced in a dedicated gluten and allergen free facility in the USA and is free of the other allergens you require. Certified Gluten Free by the GFCO and certified Kosher Pareve. It was also an Editor's Pick in Gourmet Retailer Magazine and is noted for making true Chocolate Chip Cookies just like the original Toll House Recipe. And, if you decide you want to make another kind of cookie with the mix, there are other recipes on the website and in the boxes. Information is at www.123glutenfree.com and stores are listed, but be sure to call the store first to see if they carry that particular mix”.

 Although this recipe does not appear on the box and is only sketched out on the website, Little Bay Baking Company has a chocolate chip cookie recipe for their soy free “Cookie Bar Mix” and Helen Sanders of the company kindly forwarded it:

1 bag Little Bay Baking Company Cookie Bar Mix
3 eggs
2/3 cup vegetable oil (corn or canola)
1 cup gluten free dairy free chocolate chips
“Weather can affect the recipe so if the dough is too stiff add water 1 Tbs at a time until dough is the correct consistency for your cookies. Once you have made the dough drop spoonfuls onto greased cookie sheet and bake at 375 for 8-12 minutes depending upon size of cookies. “

Also -one responder reminded me about the ready made chocolate chip cookies by "Enjoy Life", recommending that they be heated slightly in the microwave.

I would also add to this that French Meadow Bakery makes a wonderful gf,df, sf choc chip cookie, large and individually packaged, mail order from them or in some large specialty markets.

Thanx again.  Looking forward to a real homemade choc chip cookie!  mary b.