From:
David Nelsen <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 12:21:15 -0500

Hi all--

I'm new to list so I better keep it clean.

I'm recently diagnosed DH with (in hindsight) celiac manifestations for
several years.  Antibody tests not equivocal.

I'm also a Family Physician and have reviewed most everything on the net as
well as most relevant medical literature over last 10 or so years.

Glad to give my (not expert, perhaps overly informed) opinions if relevant.

I do have a couple of questions if y'all don't mind:

1)  Brand name for Rolled Oat(s) vendor that will certify no volunteer
grains (wheat/barley/rye free)

2)  Has Anybody developed a worksheet to use when evaluating local
restaurants??  I've talked to a couple who will let me come through their
kitchens and make recommendations of menu selections.  I plan to publish
locally for those who wish to avoid gluten.

David A. Nelsen, Jr., MD, MS
Department of Family & Community Medicine
UAMS