From:
Nancy Lilly <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Aug 1996 10:27:07 -0700

Hang in there, Honey, it DOES get better.  Sounds like this is a new and
(yes) overwhelming load you're carrying.

Nuprin, unless they've changed their ingredients, is made with cornstarch
and is fine to take for your cramps.

Your best friend is your freezer.  Load up on packaged mixes, GF flours,
etc, and keep them in the freezer.  That way, they're ready at the drop
of a hat (or mixing bowl).  When you cook or bake, double up on amounts
and freeze the rest.

I could tell you of the life-saving markets down here in hot & smoggy L.A.
and Pasadena, but I don't know what your choices are in the Pacific N.W  Do
you have a selection of Asian markets?  They are great for GF flours at
much better prices than the mail order suppliers.  Trader Joe's markets
have some good stuff, as should just about any natural foods markets that
are in your area.

When it comes to lunches, I'm a lazy bum.  One thing that often helps is to
bring left-overs from the nite before and just heat 'em in a microwave.  A
little container of soup from the freezer will be thawed & ready to heat by
lunch time.  GF crackers and cheese and raw veggies or fruit make a good
lunch that only takes a sec to throw together.  Then again, sometimes I just
go hungry!  Hasn't killed me yet!

Also, your family will adapt.  Feed them corn pasta, etc.  There are so
many great GF things to eat that if you concentrate on all the good stuff
you can have you'll forget to miss the things you can't have.  It takes a
while and some anger and frustration before you get to that point, but it
DOES happen.

Good luck!