From:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Melonie Katz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Jul 2004 09:29:40 -0700

Calling All Celiac Families........
Join the R.O.C.K.

Chapter for

Northern Virginia/Metro DC

Date & Time:

August 7th, 2004

12:30pm – 2:30pm

Location:

Potomac Library Meeting Room

2201 Opitz Road

Woodbridge, VA  22191

(703) 494-8126

Back to School Theme:

Kids Will Make GF “Lunchables”.

Join The Gluten Free Spelling Bee,

We’ll Have Breadstick “Dipsters”

& A Back to School Letter to Share With Teachers)

We are looking for interested families and children with Celiac Disease who are interested in joining our group.  Families with other conditions in the gluten-sensitivity spectrum are also welcome to attend.

   Get information on other upcoming events & Win a Door Prize:  Basket of Gluten-Free Goodies
   If you are possibly planning to attend, please email the chapter leader, Melonie Katz @ [log in to unmask] or call the ROCKline at (703)445-8306.  This will be the very first meeting for this chapter.  Please join us!

What do we do at R.O.C.K. meetings?

   Have fun, Share Ideas, Provide Support, Promote Awareness, Educate Others
   Gluten-Free kids meet, play and snack with other gluten-free kids
   Exchange gluten-free recipes & coupons
   Peruse through the our chapter’s “Label Box” that contains labels of foods that are gluten free
   Access our gluten-free Restaurant Guide
   Utilize some of our “school tips” such as a sample letter to school, forms to use for school, etc.
   Enjoy gluten-free product samples at meetings (subject to availability) and/or members bring GF goodies to share.  All foods are “safe” to eat out our meetings!
   Guest speakers & kids activities from time to time
   Get your “New Celiac Family” Packet (40+ pages of useful information & resources)
   Our website offers:  support, an interactive message board, notification of meetings, sharing of information, etc.
   Get your official ROCK merchandise from “The ROCK store” (www.CafeShops.com/CeliacKids)  It is now open!
   Grab an info card so you can Stay Connected!!

 Upcoming Meetings:

October 16th, 2004      10:00am -12:00pm

December 11th, 2004  12:30pm – 2:30pm

February 5th, 2005  2:30pm-4:30pm

April 23rd, 2005  2:30pm-4:30pm

June 25th, 2005  10:00am-12:00pm

Email Melonie Katz at [log in to unmask] or call  the “ROCKline” (703) 445-8306 for specific meeting dates/locations

Email me if you'd like me to send you a copy of the exact flier to download.  If you're in the Virginia, Maryland, DC area and would like to print some extras to post around your area, just email me at [log in to unmask] and I can email (or mail) you the fliers.

Press Release:

(shortened version)

Title of Event/Meeting:  R.O.C.K. (Raising Our Celiac Kids) Northern Virginia/Metro DC Chapter