From:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
DIANE E WILSON <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Aug 2002 16:04:52 -0400

I have 2 recipes that I got from Del Monte (from website and from coupon ads).
I have no affiliation.  I make both of these regularly and have served to
guests who liked both.  I modified the chicken recipe slightly to use any
canned tomatoes (instead of Del Monte Diced Tomatoes With Basil, Garlic, and
Onion) and any brand beans and added cilantro.  Please verify that each item is
GF for yourself since I haven't checked recently.

 Quick Tomato Beef

approx. 10 oz. Ground beef
1 can Del Monte Diced Tomatoes with Green Pepper and Onion
1/8 tsp cayenne pepper
1 can Del Monte Sliced New Potatoes, drained
cheese topping

Brown meat, drain.  Add tomatoes and cayenne pepper to skillet.  Cook 5 to 8
minutes or until slightly thickened, stirring often.  Stir in potatoes, heat
through.  Top with cheese.  Spicy and flavorful.

Italian Chicken and Rice

12 oz. Chicken breast, cut into chunks.
½ cup chopped onion
1 cup chicken broth, add more as desired
1 can diced tomatoes
1 ½ cups instant rice
1 can French cut green beans
1/8 tsp garlic powder
1 Tbsp cilantro or to taste
2 pinches basil

Spray skillet with cooking spray or use butter or oil.  Fry chicken and onion 3
minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.  Stir in broth and tomatoes and
spices.  Bring to boil, stir in rice and beans.  Simmer 5 minutes.  Remove from
heat, let stand 3 minutes covered.  Serve with grated parmesan cheese if
desired.

OR (my method): bake chicken, drain, cut into chunks.  Cook rice in half broth,
half water instead of all water in microwave.  Mix everything is skillet and
heat through.  I don't use cheese topping.

Diane
Central Pennsylvania