From:
Jacqueline Pontious <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:51:13 -0500

Thanks to everyone who responded to my posting regarding Denver
gastroenterogists and contact with the Denver celiac support group.  The
following is a brief summary of the responses.  Please email me if you
would like to have telephone numbers.  Jackie in Maryland

"You can find support group information at www.celiac.com.  They should
be able to direct you to a local doctor."

"My doctor was Pete Baker at Swedish Hospital.  He saved my life and I
would definitely recommend him."

"There is a CSA support group that meets in Denver every other month.
The Dr I would go to if my insurance covered it is Dr. Dahl.  He also
represents the CSA/USA chapter here in Denver."

"We have just gotten referred to a gastro...Dr. Edward Hoffenberg.  We
haven't met him yet, so I can't tell you anything more about him."

"We have a very large, active support group in Denver.   Our next
meeting will be Thursday evening, Feb. 1, at 7:00 at Exempla Lutheran
Hospital in the back of the cafeteria.  Our chapter's medical advisor is
gastroenterologist, Dr. Robert Dahl.  We also have a pediatric gastro,
Dr. Hoffenburg."

Contact Marjie Reece Pres. of Denver Support Group.

"My gastroenterologist was Dr. George Chin, at 1550 S. Potomac Street,
Suite 110 in Aurora.  I was referred to him by a wonderful internist.
His name is Dr. William Warkentin at Aurora Internal Medicine Clinic,
14991 E. Hampden Ave., Suite 150."

Contact Betty Elofsen, former president of both Denver chapter and
CSA/USA.