From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Sep 2005 15:38:01 -0600

I know there are many local celiac groups who publish newsletters for
their members. Soon after I was diagnosed, I found that one of the
most helpful, free, accessible sources of information was a
newsletter from a faraway group. However, that group ceased putting
their newsletters online a few years ago. (I still count the recipe
for Lily's Pie Crust from that newsletter as one of my g-f
treasures!) Even though a newsletter may have localized information
such as shopping sites, restaurants, meeting info, etc., there are
usually useful nuggets included within the newsletter that can apply
to anyone.

Is there anyone (a corporation, somebody with a big web site?) who'd
be willing to host a site where local groups could submit their
newsletters to share with others who may not have a local group
nearby? If needed, I'd be willing to do the work necessary to put the
newsletters into a format (PDF) that would be accessible to most
computer users. (Probably 99% of all newsletters are originally
created in a digital format of some kind anyway.)

It could be a definite financial advantage for a group to distribute
their newsletter online, saving postage in the process. If you have
non-local advertisers, I'd imagine they'd be happy to get more
exposure too.

If you already publish your newsletter online, would you please send
me the URL? Thanks!

Susan Pieper
Las Cruces, NM