Date:
Mon, 24 Nov 1997 10:47:46 -0500

USairways has usually been very reliable in delivering what appears to be gf
food -- until this last year.   My special gf order on a recent return flight
from Nassau consisted of a hard roll with what appeared to be smoked salmon.
 The flight attendent said "oh yes it's ok to eat it -  gluten-free means
seafood"   When I told him what it really meant, he said "well what can you
expect - it was prepared in Nassau!.  The other order that was screwed up
consisted of a hermetically sealed box with gluten free written all over it
and I swear the attendent wore rubber gloves to deliver it.  It was fruit and
a granola bar (whole wheat, oats).  I am in the process of writing a letter
to complain.  As usual, my hernia inducing carry on bag had plenty of gf
snack items in case of emergency.

...Airlines should not even accept/advertise a gf order if they can't provide
it.  A simple fruit salad would be good enough for short flights.
Mary