From:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Beth Hillson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 10 Mar 2007 12:38:21 -0500

Hi All,

Just a quick follow-up on some things I forgot to mention.

(1) Some people are taking Evista to help with BMD.  It would be in place of
the bisphosphonates in the "cocktail" (calcium, D and Magnesium stay).

(2) Many people reminded us that we should do weight-bearing
exercises-walking, and lifting weights are a priority.  From my experience,
it's been better to use lighter weights and do them more frequently.
Otherwise I end up with injuries and don't do them for a while.  (Yet
another vicious circle!)

(3) Several people told me they had great success using Tri-Boron Plus
(TwinLabs).  I bought this product and will give it a try. It has magnesium
and boron as well as calcium and D.  While I haven't found out much about
Boron as yet, I do think the magnesium helps.  On the downside, four of
these capsules (a daily dose) do not contain enough Vit D for my needs so I
still supplement with extra D.  In addition, a daily dose is light on the
calcium I need so I add a Citracal with D to the mix.

Hope this helps all of us!  Beth

Beth Hillson
Founder, Gluten-Free Pantry
V-P, Product Development & Consumer Information
Glutino USA/Gluten-Free Pantry
www.glutenfree.com
860-633-3826