From:
Kate Joswick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 1995 10:04:23 CST

The Tapioca Bread from Bette Hagman's original cookbook is the standard bread I
make in my breadmachine almost every week.  I do make a few changes:  I use
brown rice flour for the white rice flour called for in the recipe (I think it
gives more body to the bread) and I reduce the water by  1/4 cup (before I did
this, I often had the bread rise over the top of the cylinder.)  I love this
bread, and even my nonceliac husband likes it.  It makes great French Toast
too.  I mix up multiple batches of all the dry ingredients ahead of time and
freeze them in small bags.  That way, all I need to do to make bread is mix up
the wet ingredients and add them, along with the yeast and the flour mix, to
the machine.

Kate Joswick
Macomb IL, USA