From:
Jason Kerr <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 19 Dec 1999 16:23:47 -0500

A nearby cooking supply store is selling the Zojirushi Super Home Bakery
(BBCC-Q20) for $130. This looks like a good deal, but I've never tried
baking machines with gluten-free baking.

I have a couple of questions, to help me make up my mind -

- Is the BBCC-Q20 good for gluten-free baking?

I've seen references to the V20 (Traditional Bakery) on this list, but
never the Q20. Is that because the Q20 isn't good for gf baking, or that
the V20 has been preferred?

- Is the Q20 sufficiently programmable for more than just basic white
bread?

I'd like to try making some of the nut & flour breads that I buy at the
local whole foods store. They are very tasty, and it would be great to
be able to make them at home. Since I've never used a bread machine, I
have no idea what kind of features and flexibility are required to make
a good loaf of whole grain & nut bread.

And finally ...

- Is $130 a good price for the Q20?

Thanks in advance. I'll post a summary to the list after a few days.

Jason Kerr