From:
Mary Anne Cripe <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Anne Cripe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Aug 2002 21:37:58 -0400

For others who may be interested, I received recommendations for several gastroenterologists in the Bradenton/Sarasota area.

Two  people recommended Robert C. Guagenti, DO, FACP, Board Certified Gastroenterology, 1219 East
Ave. S., Ste 206, Sarasota. Phone: 941 365-7100.  He also has an office in Bradenton at 5460 63rd Street East, Phone: 941 365-7444.  One wrote that Dr. Guagenti is adviser to the Celiac Support Group of Sarasota/Manatee, and said "he's my doctor and I have found him to be knowledgeable and caring, a listener who has worked with me to help me deal with celiac disease. By the way, the support group meets the
third Saturday of each month (incl. through the summer) at the Waldemere Bldg. of Sarasota Memorial Hospital, 2nd floor, Cypress Room, from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m.  By the late fall our group founder and leader will be back in town and we expect to have programs and speakers for the season."

Another recommendation from someone who lives in Bradenton who had recently asked two different
doctors (one in Sarasota and one in Bradenton) for the name of a good gastroenterologist in the area.
Both doctors gave her the same name....Rosabella Shek  794-1980.  Dr. Shek is part of GASTROENTEROLOGY ASSOCIATES OF MANATEE, P.A.  located at 2010 59th Street West.

Someone who used to live in Sarasota sent the name of Dr. Badii and said his office is in one of the buildings across the street from Michael's on East Restaurant.

Thanks to all of you for the helpful information.  I have forwarded it to my sister.

Mary Anne