From:
Latanya Sweeney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 25 Apr 1998 17:21:33 -0400

Hello all,

I am extremely allergic to gluten. After ingestion of gluten, I typically
have hives, swelling and get uncontrollably drowsy. For nine years I have
been somewhat gluten free, though on occasion I have ingested gluten and
had reactions. After several months of being gluten-free recently, I began
experiencing stomach problems. I often get a burning sensation on the left
side, high above my waist often followed by gas. These symptoms appear no
matter what kind of gluten-free food I eat. Taking an over-the-counter
antacid often helps, but the problem is recurring more and more frequently.
Have others had similar experiences? Is this a sign of my condition
worsening? I am interested in similar experiences. Thank you.

--Latanya

Latanya Sweeney, S.M.
Ph.D. Candidate
Laboratory for Computer Science
Artificial Intelligence Laboratory
Massachusetts Institute of Technology

Room NE43-418                           Voice: 617/253-3539
545 Technology Square                     Fax: 617/258-3539
Cambridge, MA  02139                    Email: [log in to unmask]