From:
Cindy Thompson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 11 Feb 2002 15:59:55 EST

Nearly everyone who responded to me about KAME wanted a summary.  There's an
overwhelming vote of confidence in KAME crackers, and regarding the
noodles...everyone wants to know where to find them!  New Hampshire Shaws has
them!

there is always a chance of cross contamination. Some celiacs I know are able
to enjoy their products, while others are not.  Since I am relatively
sensitive to any gluten whatsoever, I tried Annie Chungs Noodles which are
from rice and only rice.  Some types have basil in them and are still fine.
I have never had a problem with their products.  I make some delicious Thai
dishes using them, as well as some wonderful Chinese style chicken noodle
soup."

"I eat the Ka ME seaweed crackers.  I enjoy them very much and don't have a
problem with them at all.  I had no idea there were KA ME  noodles.  Hmmmm! "

"I have eaten both without problem.  The sesame crackers are my favorites"

"I eat these often.  I buy a package per week.  My favorite flavor are the
sesame.  They are great with cream cheese, butter, tuna salad, other cracker
spreads, and salad.  I am not aware of having any problem eating them. "

"I have some of these noodles at home but have not yet eaten them.
Unfortunately, this kind of answer is becoming all too common, and,
unfortunately, it's all too true. If the same factory makes other products
with wheat flour there's absolutely no way they can honestly guarantee no
cross contamination. You have to decide for yourself whether to try it or
not."