From:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Samantha Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 11 Oct 2003 10:33:40 -0700

Thank you so much for all the replies I received!
 I didn't receive any information about a bakery
in Westchester or Woodstock.  However, I found
out about Joseph's Bakery in Brooklyn, another
bakery with gf goods in NYC and one in Staten
Island, as well as a favorite gf restaurant with
gf desserts...

>Joseph's Gluten Free Bakery
1712 Ave M Brooklyn, NY 11230-5304
Phone: (718) 336-9494

http://www.josephsorganic.com

I had some Joseph's GF cookies at a Westchester
meeting.  They were  very good..... the bakery
was either newly open or not quite open yet, so
the representatives only had a few things at the
meeting, but what I tasted was good.

Joseph's bakery is Brooklyn it is also Kosher.
They have samples at the greater NY support
group.

>Whole Foods in Manhattan at 23rd Street and
Seventh Avenue has a bakery with gf items.
Although, not all items are gf, many are.  The
manager in the bakery is also
helpful with information, and referrals.

>Try Gabriel's Dessert Boutique, 941 Manor Road,
Staten Island, NY  10314  (718) 477-1414.  I live
in Brooklyn and don't have a car, but still find
them easily accessible by public transportation
(a short bus ride from the ferry terminal in St.
George).  They have a wide variety of GF pastries
(advertised by a huge sign in the window!). They
also sell bread and pizza dough to take home and
bake yourself, or if you call ahead they'll even
bake it for you.  The pastries are great, I
haven't tried the bread or pizza (yet).

>Well, I don't know about any true GF bakeries,
but you can get GF canolies from Cafe Baldo's in
Wantagh,NY(on Long Island).  They also have GF
pasta entrees, bread, breaded items (baked clams
and the like), garlic knots and pizza.  Can't say
enough good things about them.

...Thanks again for your replies!!!  Samantha