Date:
Fri, 18 Sep 2009 16:47:30 -0400

Thank you to those that responded to my email.  Here is a summary of those emails.

Response:
I purchased Julianne Karow's book last weekend at the Iowa State Celiac Conference. Great book and wonderful speaker. She was one of the guest speakers at the event and she had me in stitches several times. But I learned many new ideas from her when she was talking and did her
presentation about a gluten free pantry, traveling advice, helpful hints and so on. She also said she was leaving for Florida in a couple of days as was asked to do a talk there. I think any support group or event that can book her as a speaker, is mighty fortunate. I get tired of talking with doctors and nutritionist. It is nice to talk to someone living through what my family is living through. She understands and just gets it.
The Celiac Gramma
Cedar Rapids, IA

Response:

I agree with Nancy's recent post.  I too purchased the book and was shocked to see all the value that came from it.  In the back of the book is a list of gluten Free food companies and several have offers of discounts, free shipping or free product with the mention of the book.  I did try one of the new companies that was listed in the book that I had not heard of before "Dad's GF pizza" and it was very good.
When I got the book, it too came in a box with several food coupons of products already use, but there were many samples of Gluten Free Foods as well.  I always like to try ne
w things before I purchase, so was very pleased.  I purchased the book last month and it was not on special, but with all the samples I got…I am ok with that. I would like to thank Mrs. Karow for the idea of sending samples with the purchase of each book.  Brilliant idea.
Chris Yeager

Response:
I purchased the book Celiac Resource Guide by Julianne Karow several months
ago. It is a great resource guide that I use either every week or two It
had lots of information I was unaware that was available to me and I have
been gf for 5 years now. I too found it more expensive on amazon than her
website www.CeliacResourceGuide.webs.com

I too received many samples and coupons for free gf products...it felt like
an added bonus. In the book, there were several food companies that also
are offering free shipping or discounts on products if you mention the book
when ordering. So it was like getting $50 worth of stuff for the cost of
the book. It pays for itself and then some.

I personally hope that she will sell her book with nutritionists or
doctors. It would have been great to have this offered to me when I was
first diagnosed. But better now than never.
Angel Johannsen in Chicago

Response:

I too saw this lady speak at the Iowa State Conference and loved what she had to say. She also had a booth and was giving away lots of samples when you purchased a book.  She said that Old Wiscsonsin Sausages was one of the food companies in her book and sh
e had lots of sausage sticks she was giving away to those that stopped by.  The book has been very resourceful and I loved trying new products.

Diane C.