From:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
AMY ROBERTS <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 23 Aug 2007 12:22:23 -0700

Here's my summary, while one family is going to checkit out right away, Wendy pointed out that it is not truly a GF camp unless all of the food is GF.   Sorry if I misled anyone.  The camp did a great job with my son's GF needs and I just wanted to spread the word.

  Again, here's the website info:

  http://www.villagecreek.net/

    This is a wonderful Christian camp, with great leadership, counselors, horseback riding, fun activities, swimming and great times of teaching and worship. My son had a great time, and I was able to send him away for a week with no fear or aprehension.  This was his first time away since his diagnosis, but I had a sense of peace about it from the start.  It was a great experience for him and a step of faith for me!

  It is located in Northeastern Iowa.  Just visit the site for yourself!

  Amy in Milw.

  Wendy pandolfo <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
    Thanks for the heads up!

  I think, though, that the idea behind the GF camps that are sponsored through GIG is that ALL of the kids eat GF.  Therefore the celiac child need not feel any different than anyone else, nor do they have to question whether the food is safe or not.  So I wouldn't call the camp your child attended a GF camp.

          Dear Amy,

  I live in WI and will look up this camp. Right now, my kids are at Celiac Camp in Rhode Island. I grew up in Massachusetts, so I stay with relatives, but it would be MUCH easier in Iowa, and the Christian aspects would really interest me. I could not get the AWANA camp in WI to accommodate my kids. Not good!

  Susan