From:
Sue Foss <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Fri, 12 Sep 2003 17:25:50 -0600

Thank you for all of your responses to my request for bd cake ideas.
Following is a summary:

You can use ANY cake recipe...just use cornstarch in place of flour.
For a birthday cake, check out a genoise recipe....of course, Julia has
great ones in her cookbooks or check our www.epicurious.com

Check boxes of Manashevitz (sp?) potato starch for a sponge cake recipe.

Try Gluten Free Pantry Mixes

White fluffy angel food cakes with potato starch - I used egg whites but I
think you could try an egg white substitute. Try going to the Manischevitz
site and looking for Passover recipes

"Special Diet Solutions" by Carol Fenster recommended by several people

Tofu

Ice cream cake fromfrom Baskin Robbins or home made

Cake mix from Miss Roben's

Authentic Foods website has cake mixes with bean flour

Duncan Hines Homestyle canned frosting

Sue