From:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 4 Dec 2004 17:51:23 -0500

Hello list mates,

Just wanted to do a recap of the question and advice I had received over
the past week regarding Betty Crocker Gingerbread recipe and
substitutions.  Over 30 of you responded !!  Great job !  Many suggested I
cut the 7 C. FLOUR in case my first try doesn't turn out.  Everyone who
addressed the self-rising question, stated that GF flour is not, therefore
I must add the required salt, baking powder and baking soda, and the
majority add xantham gum to their GF cookie doughs of all types.

Almost everyone mentioned to refrigerate the dough for 1-3 hours so it
would be easier to work with.

I must say, the little gingerbread boys, girls, XMAS trees, and candy canes
we made turned out lovely.  I did end up adding a little more GF flour when
I noticed my dough was a little too 'greasy'.

But the best part was spending quality time with my 8 yr old daughter, who
got to roll the dough and cut out her own cookies this year !  She did a
pretty good job, considering I promised not to interfere once the dough was
ready to roll.

Thanks again to all of you kind enough to take time sending recipe's and
advice.  All the best-

HAPPY HOLIDAYS !

Valerie in Texas