From:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Valerie dejongh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Mar 2005 13:03:04 -0500

Hello listmates;

Thank You for the many emails and questions regarding a pizza we tried
called "Comfy Carbs Pepperoni Pizza".  As many of you may recall, I wrote
out of sheer exuberance about this product from www.carbsaweigh.com, a
company I have no affiliation with.  They are in NY, and I am a mom of an 8
yr old Celiac here in Southern Texas.  We are only 10 minutes from the
Mexico border, and the GF choices are limited in our stores other than
fresh fruits and veggies.

I contacted the President of this company to clear up some of the questions
I have received.  John gave me some background behind how his GF cooking
began-a heartwarming story for sure if you have a minute to read.  John has
a STRONG NY accent and has been a bakery chef for over 20 years.
  His
mother was diagnosed with cancer, had diabetes and needed to lose 40 lbs
before the doctor would operate.  She went to her baker son and begged for
help. Since she was an Italian mother who LOVED eating and cooking, this
presented quite a challenge for John.  All of her siblings had died from
complications of diabetes.....and we all know how long and drawn out that
can be.

John didn't know where to start since all he cooked was filled with sugar,
fat, and wheat- Her doctor had said a LOW CARB diet, so he experimented for
over a year and came up with a crust made out of 'eggs and cheese, with NO
FLOUR'!  The crust is made using 3 cheeses; 1 from Brazil, 1 from Italy,
and 1 from Uruguay (sp?).  This is why the crust is rather flat like a
crepe as I had mentioned in my post last week-

John's connection to the Celiac GF community came when his mother's surgeon
asked to try some
of his 'special pizza'.  Since the surgeon's daughter has
Celiac Disease, and John had told him no flour was used in his pizza, the
surgeon decided to have it tested independently for himself- and when it
was confirmed to be LOW carb and GF, John's pizza project began !  His
products will be featured on QVC next month-

John's mother survived her cancer battle and is alive at age 73.

The facts:

-pizza is 16 ozs.  11 1/2 inches in diameter.  GF, wheat free, no Sugar
added

I realize everyone out there has different likes and dislikes, so please do
not email back your personal stories about the good or bad of this
product.  I am only sharing a PERSONAL opinion that my daughter LOVED this
pizza, and it works FOR US !!

If you have any additional questions, I suggest you call the company at
(800)321-1633