From:
Susan Pieper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 28 Oct 2000 19:53:25 -0600

This afternoon I finally baked what looks like "real" soda crackers!
And, they're yummy.

Here's the story:

A couple of months ago, Wendy Warz posted an all-purpose g-f flour
mix. It looked interesting, so I mixed up a pretty good-sized batch.
I've been grabbing it to try substituting in non-g-f recipes, and
have had really good results from it.

The other day I was surfing (unescorted by either Bette or Carol F.)
in the King Arthur's Flour web site and found a recipe for Soda
Crackers. Last night I mixed up the recipe with no substitutions
except for Wendy's flour. You let them rise in the refrig overnight
or so. When I took them out to roll them out, the dough even felt
elastic -- first time I've felt that for a long time. I use the sweet
rice flour to roll most everything out and never have any problems
with things sticking. I even did the foldover rollup step!

To make a long, but happy story short, my next step is to take one of
those plastic roll-up cutting boards and mark 1 1/2 inch squares on
the back side with a Sharpie pen, make up a quadruple batch, and be
happy for a  long, long time!

Sue

Maybe I'll try KA's zweiback recipe next.
--

Susan Pieper/Las Cruces, [log in to unmask]