From:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Betsy Bowman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 24 Dec 2004 00:26:03 -0600

  Listmates:

Bob's Red Mill has an e-newsletter and this recipe was in the last
one.  I made this as a side dish to serve with chicken.  It was very
tasty--I made it with chicken broth and used fresh sage.  The recipe
is below or at the link..

Betsy
Austin, Texas

Quinoa Stuffing      http://www.bobsredmill.com/recipe/detail.php?rid=990
contributed by Chelsea Lincoln

Stuffing for a vegan Thanksgiving dinner.

Ingredients:
1 cup Quinoa Organic Grain
1 cup Vegetable Broth
1 cup Water
1/4 cup Margarine (non-hydrogenated) or Butter
1 Onion, chopped
6 Celery Stalks, diced
1 tsp Sage
1 tsp Salt
1 tsp Pepper
1 Tbsp Parsley Flakes

Bring broth and water to boil. Add quinoa and bring back to boil.
Cook over medium heat for 12 minutes, or until quinoa has absorbed
all the liquid.

In a skillet, melt margarine and cook onion and celery on medium heat
until translucent, about 10 minutes.

  In a large bowl, combine prepared quinoa, onion mixture and spices.

  Use in a traditional turkey dinner or with the Thanksgiving Gluten Roast!