Date:
Mon, 23 Sep 1996 22:05:48 -0700

Several months ago, the Kansas dietitians met in Topeka, KS, for a 2-day
conference.  The Celiac support group of Topeka was allowed to set up a
card table (as did other types of groups) to share information.  Not only
did we provide information but a dietitian from Kansas City, who owns a
health food store, provided some samples of GF snack food to share at our
table.  Of course, many passed us buy but some stopped and talked.  We
stressed our eagerness to share more about the disease, etc., in a
positive tone.  I really think it is important that we not let our
frustration of this disease come out against people who need to hear us.
 Anyone will listen better if they are approached in a positive manner.
It obviously is going to take time--perseverance should be one of our
themes.  Have a good Tuesday!!  Sharon in Kansas