From:
Anne Barfield <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Nov 1999 12:42:44 -0600

I just spent 2 weeks in Denver, helping my daughter move into a new
home.  We didn't have convenient  cooking facilities so was motivated to
find somewhere to eat.  I found two that I really like, so am passing
this information to any of you in that area, or traveling there.

Jerusalem Restaurant (Authentic Middle Eastern Cuisine)
1890 E. Evans, Denver, 80210  (just west of Colorado Blvd)
303 777-8828  fax 303 777-0410  open 7 days a week
The only thing I ordered there, 3 different times, were the lamb
shanks.  We got them TO GO, and it came with an order of  yellow rice,
and a salsa type dish called fatouch salad.  They assured us there is no
flour on the shanks, and no chicken broth (but some curry powder, I
think)  in the rice, and lemon juice in the fatouch..  I had no
reactions, and had leftovers for the next lunch.  Yummy.

The other place is Chipotle Mexican Grill.  there seemed to be several
locations.  I went to the one at 745 Colorado Blvd,  303 333-2121, open
11am 10pm.

I had a long talk with a nice manager named Steve, who answered all my
questions, and went and found labels from the seasonings used on the
chicken.  We decided I could have the chicken  crispy tacos.  And the
guacamole, which they make fresh.  They have a dedicated fryer for the
chips.  I had lettuce, tomatoes, and shredded cheese on them.  He said
the black beans would be okay too.  The guacamole is excellent.

If you go to either of these places, please ask your own questions, to
satisfy your own requirements, but both places were very helpful and I
can't wait to go back.  Very reasonable prices.

Anne in San Antonio