From:
"P. Tritchler" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 13 Nov 1998 20:54:30 -0500

On November 4, I posted a message asking that listmembers who had an
electric tortilla maker let me know about their experiences, pro and
con, with these devices.

I received two such responses, both very positive in tone regarding
these machines.  Both individuals purchased their machines from the
Bosch Kitchen Center in Salt Lake City, which has a web site describing
their products and services (http://boschusa.net/)

I also received one response from an individual who thought about buying
a machine but instead opted to prepare her tortillas manually with a
rolling pin and then "fry" them with a nonstick frying pan.  She is also
quite satisfied with this arrangement and does not feel that an electric
tortilla maker would be justified for someone such as herself who has
little room in the kitchen or who would use it infrequently.

The reason I started this thread was because I'd read several messages
over the past few months from people who'd bought these devices and were
happy with them.  Trouble is, when I tried to buy one locally, the store
which had carried them had since discontinued the line.  Stated reason:
Quality control problems.  I then checked the net, coming up with a site
in Ohio where they too had discontinued their line for quality control
problems.  The brand cited in both cases was something akin to
Vitantonio.

I raised this issue with a clerk at the Salt Lake City store who said
that in the eighteen months she'd been there, she had not heard of a
single problem with their line of electric tortilla makers which are
apparently of another brand name.

That effectively summarizes what I learned in this little exercise of
mine.  I appreciate the courtesy and efforts of those who took the time
to respond and I hope that this information helps those who wrote to
tell me that they too were considering such a purchase.

Regards,

Philip Tritchler