Date:
Thu, 22 Jan 2009 11:06:41 EST

Hi,
A lady in my group has the following blood work and I need help with  it.

Tissue Transglutaminase AB is 1.2

Endomysial Antibody is Negative

Gliadin IgA is 1

Gliadin IgG is 1

IgA  (Immunoglobulin A) is 152

What does this last one mean?   Is that a positive  reading?

She had been previously diagnosed a few years ago with DH, but the doctor
never told her about the GF diet, so it was just forgotten.   Fast  forward a
few years and now she was diagnosed with MS.   The doctor at  the Cleveland
Clinic told her she should go on a GF diet because she probably  also has celiac.

She met with me to learn about the GF diet.  I suggested she get  tested for
celiac first, which she did.  Soon after she was tested, and  read the
information I gave her, she read about the DH and then mentioned she  had already
been diagnosed for that.    the diet is helping, but  she would like to know the
meaning of her blood work.   It looks to be  negative except for the IGA, but
I don't know what the normal range is for that  test.

And with DH, can you test negative via regular blood testing.   According to
Dr. Green, you can, but was wondering if anyone has come across  this.  She is
trying to understand all this and i want to give her the  correct information.

thanks everyone,
Bev
Mansfield, OH
steps!