From:
Mireille Cote <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 9 Aug 1999 17:22:37 -0400

I just want to bring what I lived with, after being diagnosed.

I dont judge those who havent the same experience.

First, I have been extremely relieved to know what I had and that the
cure was only a diet.  I have known many people with cancer, Parkinson,
multiple sclerosis, etc... who would have trade my illness gladly.

I have been happily surprised when I have known about the diet and that
I can eat almost any dish, providing that you use the GF ingredients.  I
was expecting much worse, more restrictive.

We were eating out a lot, what we dont (or almost) anymore.  Too
complicated.  But I have now the energy to cook wonderful dishes, better
than average non celiac household.

My husband has adapted and thinks it is a small price to pay for not
loosing me, what he thouth before the drs found out what I had.

My friends took the time to inform and cook GF when we meet, what is
fairly rare.

I'm lucky in many ways, I the owner of 5 restaurants and an other
company.  I can buy products wholesale.

I'm restricted in the menu of the Italian one, and cant eat at all at
the 4 fast food ones.

I cant taste and sample food I sell anymore.  Have to rely on others.

If I had the choice, I would prefer not to have CD but I dont and it is
sterile thought.  So, I make do with what I have.

Just hope I can help someone.  I learned very long ago we make our
happiness ourselve.  It is just a way of thinking.  Like the glass half
full or half empty.

Good luck to all, and excuse my English errors,
Mireille, Waterloo Que, Canada.