From:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Nancy Kloberdanz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 23 Aug 2003 06:52:42 -0500

GIG® Brings Awareness to Celiac Disease Through a  National Awareness
Campaign

GIG is spreading the word about celiac disease through a National
Awareness Campaign. During the past several months, GIG has been working
with national PR firm to design a program to promote awareness of celiac
disease. Our Medical Advisors provided input into what the message to
bring to the public should be. The PR firm of Harbor Graphics designed
the initial campaign for print and radio. The print portion includes
designs for magazine and newspaper, bumper stickers, billboards and bus
panels. The campaign is designed to have the public ask ‘what is celiac
disease?’ and to seek more information about it. We are encouraging
papers and magazines to also run a story while running the campaign ad.
GIG will promote the program throughout the country with the help of
groups and individuals who want to promote awareness of celiac disease.
Referrals to the nearest local support groups will be provided from the
GIG website contacts. We are also using this campaign to provide printed
materials and education to the medical community in a number of
different ways.

Watch for the ads to appear in national magazines soon.

Here are some ways to use this campaign:

Distribute posters to the schools, clinics, hospitals and health food
stores in your area. The Red River Celiacs, a Branch Office of GIG,
included information about their State Conference on the Poster.

Have your local newspaper print the ad and a story about your group.

Have your favorite health food store run it in their magazine.

Give it to your local Doctors with information about your group.

We challenge you to get it onto a bus or billboard.

If you would like to support awareness of celiac disease, please contact
the GIG office at 206-246-6652 or [log in to unmask] for more information.
Visit our website www.gluten.net to see the campaign.

Posted for

Cynthia Kupper, RD, CD
Executive Director