From:
Betsey Carus <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Oct 2001 21:13:08 -0400

Last month the following comment was posted to the list:

>McCormicks is OK except for the blends.<

Last year I had checked into McCormick's/Schilling/Spice Classic (all
produced at the same plant in Hunt Valley, MD) and found out that ALL
the pure spice products including the PURE SPICE BLENDS (such as curry
powder, chili powder, etc) were gf. However what is NOT gf are some of
the mixes (which are packaged in foil type packets). You need to check
each product to verify the gf status of these products since some do
contain gluten, however they will be clearly state the ingredient (ie
wheat starch, etc).

I just called to verify if anything has changed in the last year or two
and was told that this is still the current gf status of
McCormick/Schilling/Spice Classic spice products.

BTW they have/are coming out with 24 new spice products such as 8
organic herbs, ethnic spices & blends such as lemon grass, Chinese 5
Spice blend, etc.

Note: I did not ask about the McCormick Medley bottled products but
believe someone had previously posted to the list that they were NOT gf.

Betsey Carus
Baltimore, MD