Date:
Fri, 6 Dec 1996 14:34:57 -0500

Recently there was a posting regarding the inquiry of Advil's legitamacy as
gluten free. I am totally confused. I have seen it on many lists as safe and
upon calling the company I was told it is gluten free. However, a friend who
attended the CSA/USA conference in Texas this fall was definitively told
there that any pills listing pharmaceutical glaze as an ingredient are not
gluten free. The pharmacist at the laboratory told me the glaze is made from
shellac and denatured alcohol. Now is that safe?

I would appreciate any info on Advil, on pharmaceutical glaze, and sudafed.
If there is a file I should be indexing where all this is covered, please
advise. Thank you in advance for any insight into this issue.

Kris in Maine