From:
Valerie Wells <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 16 Jul 2002 08:39:14 -0700

Thanks to everyone who contributed to my summary about grilling  GF.  Got
some great ideas:  [my comments are in brackets]

Question for you: when you are grilling both gf and non gf foods on the
grill, are you concerned about cross contamination?
[I grill all the GF stuff first, then allow my fam to grill non GF stuff.
 Then I thoroughly clean the grill. ]
------------
Annie's Tuscany Italian Dressing is gluten-free and is fabulous as a
marinade to brush on poultry for the grill, too.
Vicki
-----------
I find that corn on the cob, left with a few 'leaves' on it and nuked in
the micro for 6 or 7 minutes (turn once) is wonderful,  but time
consuming for a crowd. -Jessie
-----------
Check your local butcher shops, especially German style ones.  Find a
friendly
one and enjoy your hot dogs.
----------
Hebrew National all beef hot dogs and brats are GF and Kosher, too ;-)
Not to mention delicious - the best ever! Boar's Head are also GF. And
very good. -Karri
-----------
Kinninnick also has ready made hamburger and hot dog buns.  They are
excellent, I love them.  I buy them from a store in Milwaukee which does
sell via internet or mail order.  The Gluten Free Trading Company,
414-385-9950.  Or you could order from Kinninnick direct.  Sounds like a
wonderful meal you had.  Oscar Mayer does have gf hot dogs we buy the
beef-lite.  All of Johnsonville brats are gf except the beer version.
Thought I would let you know in case you would like to indulge in a dog
or brat. -Martha in Milwaukee
-----------
FYI all Hebrew National meats are GF.  So you can buy their hot dogs
w/out fear. We eat them all the time and they are delicious, the kids
really love them! The lunch meats are GF and are prepackaged so you don't
have to worry about cross-contamination from a meat slicer!  - Michelle
The companies that make gf sausages, pepperoni, etc are Grimm's, Freybe
and Fletcher's.  I don't know if they distribute in the US. They are very
popular in Western Canada. Freybe has a website at  www.freybe.com
Don't know about the others.  -Jessie

GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
http://dl.www.juno.com/get/web/.