From:
Ian and Susan Munro and Family <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 8 Nov 1996 21:01:59 -0800

I have a husband with celiac. Because it is hereditary, we have read in
Canadian celiac information that infants from a family with a history
should be kept gluten free for a year or so. This way their bowel
matures before they have gluten, and even if pre-disposed, their celiac
may never develop. My question is now that we are putting the baby on
regular food, if we notice syptoms, why shouldn't we just keep her
gluten free, and never give it a second thought. She is 100% healthy
otherwise, why put her thru a biopsy? So she's OFFICIALLY DIAGNOSED? For
what purpose? Unlike the IRS, Revenue Canada won't let us claim food
expenses. Any opinions?  Thanks. Susan.