From:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Mary Burgdorff <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 17 Mar 2007 21:01:38 -0400

Here's an easy recipe that the kids liked. It came about by accident while
I was trying to make something else.  I hadn't tried to make nuggets with
ground chicken before, so this was a nice surprise and went well with
chocolate shakes to celebrate my son's 18th birthday.  Simple pleasures...

Chicken Nuggets

1 pound ground chicken
salt & pepper to taste
bread crumbs (I took croutons from Molly's Gluten Free Bakery here in
Pewaukee, WI and ground them in a mini food processor)
olive oil

Form chicken into nugget shapes, but not too thick that they won't cook
through. Season to taste, then roll in bread crumbs. Place in frying pan,
then drizzle olive oil around pan and shake pan gently to distribute among
nuggets. Flip when brown, then add more oil, shaking pan again.  Brown,
then cut into one nugget to check for doneness.  If you have trouble with
them cooking through, you can place in a pan in the oven to finish cooking,
but they won't be as crispy.

We used Saz's BBQ sauce for dipping.

-Mary

*******