From:
andrea r howe <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 16:41:07 -0500

I have a support group member with a wheat allergic child (not celiac).
Her son is so sensitive to wheat, she doesnt take him to restaurants due
to the wheat dust in the air. This child does eats oats. Now wouldnt he
react if there was wheat contamination in the oats (Quaker Oats) The Food
Allergy network does not caution against contamination in oats.
I realize there is a difference between allergies and celiac, but
wouldn't the allergy be more serious in this case?
i do not need replies.

Just food for thought.

Andrea Howe
Chairperson WACSSG