Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 09:04:59 -0700

I received several replies to my post on my recent experience at Outback
steakhouse. Most of the replies said they had had a good experience at that
chain. But a few said they had had experiences very much like mine. The
following quote is typical and explanatory so I'm sending it along. If you
are going to an Outback branch for the first time, it might pay to be
vigilant. -vance

 >>>I wrote a reply about my experience with the wonderful Outback
Steakhouse here to a list mate privately and should have put it on the
list. I've learned, living in the midwest, to call ahead to restaurants
and just stay out of those who are rude on the phone. (That is almost
all restaurants in this area! lol). When I called our "Outback" here I
talked to the manager of the grill. I explained celiac and he frostily
replied that ALL "Outback" steaks have the "spices" you talk of and that
it is put on the grill, end of story and one CANNOT get a steak without
it! I asked why a steak couldn't just be done on a "cleaned off" spot
on the grill and he told me that the steaks come with this preparation
on them already!<<<