From:
Robin and Doug Schantz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 25 Feb 1998 00:02:40 -0500

Hi Listmates,

It seems I've created a whole lot of interest in my comment about Trader
Joe's food store.  If you didn't read my post, Trader Joe's is a chain
of specialty food stores, big on the west coast, and now in the
northeast.  I went to the one in Westfield, NJ (directions to follow, as
many of you asked me for them) which, I believe, is the only one in NJ
currently.  Trader Joe's offers a list of gluten-free products that they
sell at the cash register to make shopping much easier for those of us
with CD or other intolerances.  One person sent me an e-mail and warned
that Trader Joe's does buy some products from Canada and to be sure to
check the ingredients for your specific dietary needs.

Trader Joe's in Westfield, NJ:
Take the GSP to the Westfield/Clark exit (it's been a long time since
I've been on the GSP, but I believe it's #135) and head towards
Westfield (cross the bridge over the RR trax and you'll end up on
Central Ave.).  In the center of Westfield you will reach Broad St.
where you can only make a left or a right.  Make a left and take Broad
to Elm St.  Make a right onto Elm St. and Trader Joe's will be on your
left (site of the old A&P if anyone is familiar with Westfield).  PLEASE
keep in mind that although I grew up in Westfield, I haven't lived there
for over 9 years, so you may want to check a map!!!

Robin in Indiana