Date:
Mon, 27 May 1996 10:01:08 -0400

Dear Members:

My son, who has been diagonosed for 9 years has always had a therostat
problem.  He can get very overheated and not realize that it's happening.
Once, he had a fever of 104 degrees and was outside playing football.  When
I saw him, I made him come in a sit down and started pouring fluids into him
and on him.  After taking his temperature several minutes later and finding
it to be 104 degrees, I gave him Tylenol and called the doctor.  He had the
flu. He had no idea that he was that hot.

Also, after getting a DPT shot as a toddler, his fever went up to 105
degrees. Of course, he has never received another Pertusis shot again.

Also, after exertion I notice that he takes longer to cool off than his peers.
He will complain of being hot when the rest of us are comfortable.  His fluid
intake seems to be the key.  It seems that his body doesn't tell him when he
needs more fluids, he'll just overheat.
Melissa