From:
"Joan K. Van Loozenoord" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 17 Jan 1996 07:36:11 MST

> Now, I find that,
> without Gluten, I have not had a single canker!  One question, though, how
> many people get cankers following a visit to the dentist?  I questioned my
> dentist on this, but, at the time, did not know that I was CD.  Any ideas?

I, too, experienced large sores (they look like blood blisters) in my mouth
 following a routine cleaning appointment with my dentist.  I called to see what
 the ingredients were in the paste that was used to clean my teeth.  It was
 Johnson & Johnson, but did not list all of the ingredients so I called the
 manufacturer.  I found out that it contains a list of about 20 megaword
 ingredients, including several different flavoring agents.  I was not able to
 determine which ingredient might contain gluten, but decided to ask my dentist
 to use plain pumice instead of the flavored paste.  That has been working fine.

Joan Van Loozenoord
Denver, Colorado