From:
Ginger Conner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 9 Dec 1999 22:19:15 -0600

3 use lard  (1 uses lard only for pie crusts)

3 use margarine

   1 uses Smart Squeeze Margai in  squeeze container because it's fat free,
   but not for baking

   1 uses Hain safflower oil soft margarine for baking - only knows it's GF

   1 uses Mother's Corn margarine which she states are Kosher and few
   additives

2 use oil instead of butter or solid shortening

2 use applesauce

1 half oil and half applesauce

1 uses ghee which is clarified butter (can find how to make in archives)
which is casein free, but not dairy-free

1 uses egg white or extra EnerG replacer when cooking GF

1 uses olive oil in baking but bakes very little because of so many
allergies

1 gave up on baking because of allergies to gluten, dairy, soy, yeast and
eggs (same allergies I have)

1 uses coconut cream and adds equal amount of water to make coconut milk
(the cream and milk cost the same), buys from the Chinese grocery because
it's cheaper

I have not verified the gf, dairy or soy content of any of the products
mentioned.

Thank you all for the priceless advice.  I have lots of new alternatives I
plan to use.

Ginger, Mississippi