From:
Shughart <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 30 May 2002 13:36:29 -0500

Five people got definite gluten reactions to Blue Diamond Nut Thins.
Several others said that they were under the impression they are no longer gf, and one said that they stick with Kame plain rice crackers.
One person said that they do not react to nut thins.
Several suggested that lots of Celiacs react to nuts and soy, or even the natural dairy flavoring. We have not reacted to these things in the past, so for us I do believe that it is the Blue Diamond Nut thins that have really rocked to boat lately. It has been horrible and I am sad that an item I researched not only from the manufacturer but also several lists including the Delphi Forum and the Tri-County Celiac Support Group turned out not to be "clean" enough for us. I guess some of us really do have to stick with very basic foods or foods manufactured in dedicated gf facilities. If anyone has a list of dedicated gf facility foods I would be very interested.
Thanks to all who took the time to reply, especially those who were kind. If I get many more replies, or some specific to the Genisoy Soy Crisps, I will post an additional summary, but I wanted to get this verdict out quickly - beware the Blue Diamond Nut Thins, all flavors.
Hilary